2018 Great Plains SS1300
Call for Price
Designed for deep vertical tillage, the Great Plains Inline Sub-Soiler shatters yield-robbing compaction layers created by horizontal tillage tools such as plows, disks, and sweep implements. With a working depth of 12" to 16", this fall tillage tool resets the soil profile and maintains uniform soil density with minimal topsoil disturbance and no residue burial.
The Sub-Soiler’s frame features high-tensile, 3/8" wall tubing for added strength and durability. Units are available in 24", 30", 36", 38", or 40" shank spacings. Shanks range in number from 3 on 30", 36", 38", and 40" spacing up to 12 on 24" spacing. Choose from two shank options: ¾" and 1¼". The ¾" no-till shank and no-till point provide maximum shatter with minimum surface disturbance. The 1¼" straight leg shank creates more surface disturbance for minimum tillage. To achieve the full benefits of vertical tillage, it is important to select a point design that promotes horizontal fracture without blowout. The Sub-Soiler is offered with several different point options to fit a variety of conditions and needs.
- Point Options: Points for the 1¼" Straight-Legged Shanks are available in 2" or 7" widths, and with or without fins (fins minimize blow-out). The 2"-wide point is the least aggressive, while the 7"-wide point is the most aggressive and is used to cover more residue. A no-till point that is approximately 10" wide is used with the ¾" No-Till Shank. The no-till point minimizes surface disturbance and maximizes soil-structure-shatter below the surface. It also increases the amount of exposed surface residue and buries very little trash.
- Optional Berm Conditioners: With 1" solid rods, the 16"-diameter berm conditioners mounted to each shank help provide a level surface, enabling single-pass seedbed preparation.
- Adjustable Gauge Wheel: A screw jack makes adjusting the gauge wheels simple and easy.
- 2 Different Shank Options: Options include a 1¼" Straight-Legged Shank or a ¾" No-Till Shank. The no-till shank is not as aggressive as the straight-legged shank in turning the soil over and covering residue. In most soil conditions, the no-till shank only leaves a shank slot exposed on the soil surface and shows a gentle uplifting of the earth between shanks. Therefore, it should be used where less ground disturbance is desired. Replaceable wear shins are standard for either shank option.
- Choice of Auto-Reset or Shear Bolt Shank Mounts: With 3000 lb. trip force, the Auto-Reset Shanks provide stop-free operation in areas where sub-surface obstructions exist. Alternatively, the Shear Bolt Mounts provide obstruction protection at a lower purchase cost than the Auto-Reset Shanks.
- Models: SS1300
- Shank Spacing: 24", 30"
- Tires: 20.5 x 8 10-ply (gauge wheels)
- Weight (Approx. Lbs.): 2,339 - 3,778
- PTO H.P. Req (Min): 150+
- Tillage Width: 7' 6" - 16'
- Transport Width: 11' 2" - 16' 5"
- Working Width
- 7 ft. 6 in. - 16 ft.
- 2,339 lb. - 3,778 lb.
- Recommended HP
- 150+ hp