2015 Gehl V400 Vertical-Lift
The Gehl V400 skid loader is a shining example of Gehl’s superior innovation and well thought-out product development.
• The re-designed chassis aids in superior weight distribution, which further enhances stability.
• Thick steel plating and heavy-duty pins and bushings strengthen the loader for heavy-duty work.
• Electronic engine control and electronic foot and electronic hand throttles allow operation at partial throttle, reducing sound levels and fuel consumption (not available with hand/foot controls).
Operator's Cabin: The operator’s compartment on the V400 skid loader provides a safe and comfortable working environment for operators of all sizes.
• Cab forward design enhances the view to the bucket. Level II FOPS is standard equipment.
• Standard mechanical suspension seat and optional air-ride suspension seat provide enhanced levels of comfort.
• New side-folding restraint bar and armrests with multiple adjustments enhance operator safety and comfort.
• Extra-large side screens combined with a low-profile lift arm design provide a wide field-of-view to the side work areas.
• Optional pressurized sealed cab enclosure with sound reduction material and rear-mounted air filter provide a cleaner and quieter operating environment.
• Domed, wide-view glass door option reduces glare and provides optimal visibility to the lift arm, work tool and front work area. Large top, front window provides a clear view of the lift arm in its higher lift positions.
• Dome light, cup holder, 12-volt socket and storage tray.
• LCD display replaces gauges and is customizable to user preference.
Controls: Controls on the Gehl V400 skid loader are ergonomically designed to reduce operator fatigue and increase productivity.
• Adjustable joystick handles provide ease of operator control with minimal effort, reducing fatigue.
• New upper-left and upper-right instrument panels provide easy readout and switch access.
• Pilot joystick controls or pilot hand/foot controls provide the ultimate in operator comfort, ease and controllability. Mechanical T-Bar controls are also available.
• Infinitely adjustable proportional auxiliary hydraulics.
• Hydraloc™ system applies brakes whenever the operator raises restraint bar, leaves the operator’s seat or switches off the ignition.
Engine: The Gehl V400 skid loader comes equipped with the power to tackle virtually any job.
• Hydraulic fan with swing-out cooler reduces fuel consumption, reduces noise levels, and provides improved service access.
• Automatic grid heater engine intake heating system provides superior cold-weather starting.
• Engine has conventional water/ethylene glycol liquid-cooled design.
• Engine servicing points are readily accessible.
• Dual element filter and pre cleaner are standard.
Hydraulics: When maximum hydraulic power is needed to run demanding attachments, the V400 Skid Loader is equipped with the tools to get the job done right.
• High system pressure delivers more hydraulic muscle to power demanding attachments and deliver superior lifting and breakout forces.
• Standard proportional auxiliary hydraulic control gives the operator the ability to adjust attachment speeds with infinitely adjustable flow control.
• Standard auxiliary detent allows the operator to set attachment for continuous operation.
• Standard Hydraglide™ ride control system allows the lift arm to “float” when transporting loads, minimizing loss of material, and increased operator comfort.
• Lift cylinders incorporate cushioning for smoother operation when lowering the lift arm.
• Pilot-controlled hydrostatic transmission with direct engine coupling provides high operating efficiency.
Lift Arm: The V400 skid loader vertical-lift arm design was created for maximum reach, superior strength and optimal operator visibility.
• Low-profile lift arm design provides outstanding forward and side visibility.
• Single-plane lift arm design features a heavy-duty timing link, upper-rear channel support and large diameter pivot pins, providing best-in-class vertical and lateral strength and rigidity, as well as exceptional rear visibility.
• Four-point support through dual bucket cylinders and two lift arm stop blocks on the front of the main frame evenly distribute digging forces.
Serviceability: At Gehl we know ease of serviceability is very important to our customers. The model V400 skid loader is sure to exceed their expectations.
• Large engine cover is hinged and positioned by gas-springs to assist lifting and holding in place, and allows for easy return to closed/operating position.
• Large rear door easily opens on hinges on right side, allowing full access for servicing and maintenance.
• Swing-out cooler provides improved access to engine bay area.
• Entire cabin structure tilts rearward with a gas strut/spring for easy internal service access.
• Drive chains and axle bearings are sealed systems that require no maintenance.
• Coded wiring takes the guesswork out of electrical system identification.
• Cabin filter is located on the top of the operator structure allowing it to pull more clean, fresh air and less debris.
• Rear side panels can be removed with the lift arm in the raised or lowered position.
• Hydraulic tank dipstick allows for simple and fast hydraulic fluid checks.
• Check engine coolant quickly through the handy sight gauge.
- Overall Operating Height - Fully Raised: 186.8 in. (4745 mm)
- Height to Hinge Pin - Fully Raised: 144 in. (3647 mm)
- Overall Height to Top of ROPS: 82.0 in. (2083 mm)
- Ground Clearance to Chassis: 7.3 in. (185 mm)
- Overall Length with Bucket: 158.5 in. (4026 mm)
- Overall Length without Bucket: 121.5 in. (3086 mm)
- Wheelbase: 54.6 in. (1387 mm)
- Dump Reach - Fully Raised: 39.5 in. (1003 mm)
- Rollback at Ground: 31°
- Dump Angle: 31°
- Overall Width: 79.5 in. (2019 mm)
- Bucket Width: 84 in. (2134 mm)
- Clearance Circle - Rear: 70.5 in. (1791 mm)
- Clearance Circle - Front without Bucket: 50.8 in. (1290 mm)
- Clearance Circle - Front with Bucket: 88.5 in. (2248 mm)
- Seat to Ground Height: 40.8 in. (1036 mm)
- Rollback at Specified Height: 100°
- Dump Height: 114.8 in. (2916 mm)
- Departure Angle: 19°
- Standard Specification Tire Size: 14.00 - 17.5 HD
- Make: Cummins
- Model: QSB 4.5 Tier III
- Gross Power @ rpm: 99 hp @ 2,200 (74 kW @ 2200)
- Displacement: 272 cu.in. (4.5 L)
- Maximum Torque @ rpm: 326 ft.-lb. @ 1,300 (442 Nm @ 1300)
- Auxiliary Hydraulics - Standard: 32 gpm (121 L/min)
- High-Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics - Option: 40.8 gpm (154 L/min)
- System Relief Pressure: 3,500 psi (241.3 bar)
- Reservoir Capacity: 16.75 gal. (63 L)
- Rated Operating Capacity: 4,000 lb. (1814 kg)
- Fuel Tank: 31.25 gal. (118 L)
- Travel Speed - Maximum: 6.5 mph (10.5 km/hr)
- Travel Speed with Two-Speed Option - Maximum: 11.2 mph (18 km/hr)
- Operating Weight - Approximate: 11,100 lb. (5035 kg)
- Gehl T-Bar Controls - Servo: Optional
- Hand/Foot Controls - Pilot: Optional
- Joystick Controls - Pilot: Standard
- Engine Auto-Shutdown System: Standard
- Engine Pre Heater: Standard
- Turbo-charged Engine: Standard
- Auxiliary Hydraulics: Standard
- High-Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics: Optional
- Adjustable Arm Rests/Control Towers: Standard
- Air-Conditioning: Optional
- Air Ride Seat: Optional
- Cab Enclosure: Optional
- Foot and Hand Throttles: Standard
- Full Instrumentation: Standard
- Heating: Optional
- Horn: Standard
- Integral Access Plate (Removable): Standard
- Operator Restraint Bar: Standard
- ROPS/FOPS Level II Overhead Guard: Standard
- Sound Reduction Material: Standard
- Suspension Seat - Mechanical: Standard
- Work Lights - Front and Rear: Standard
- All-Tach® Attachment Mounting System: Standard
- Power-A-Tach® Attachment Mounting System: Optional
- Anti-Vandalism Protection: Standard
- Back-Up Alarm: Optional
- Brake Control (Auto/Manual): Standard
- Hydraglide™ Ride Control: Standard
- Hydraloc™ Safety System: Standard
- Hydrostatic Drive - Servo: Standard
- Lift Arm Support Device: Standard
- Self-Leveling Lift Action: Standard
- Two-Speed Drive: Standard
- Bulk Material Buckets
- Cold Planers
- Silage Defacer
- Snow Removal
- Stump Removal Bucket
- Tree Shears
- Tree Puller/Grabbing Tool
- Engine Type
- QSB 4.5 Tier III
- Engine Manufacturer
- 99 hp (74 kW)
- Rated RPM
- 2200 rpm
- Fuel Capacity
- 31.25 gal. (118 L)
- SAE Rated Operating Capacity
- 4,000 lb. (1814 kg)
- Max Ground Speed
- 6.5 mph (10.5 km/hr); Optional: 11.2 mph (18 km/hr)
- Tire Size
- 14.00 - 17.5 HD
- With Bucket: 158.5 in. (4026 mm); Without Bucket: 121.5 in. (3086 mm)
- 79.5 in. (2019 mm)
- Overall Operating Height: 186.8 in. (4745 mm); Height to Hinge Pin: 144 in. (3647 mm); Top of ROPS: 82.0 in. (2083 mm)
- 11,100 lb. (5035 kg)
- 54.6 in. (1387 mm)