2014 Simplicity Legacy XL™ 27 4WD Briggs & Stratton Diesel Engine
A Subcompact Tractor, When You Have Big Jobs to Do
A day's work doesn't have to take all day. The Legacy XL™ combines the toughness of a compact tractor with the comfort and control of a garden tractor, giving you the power and reliability you need to get tough landscaping jobs done with one machine. The front quick-connect hydraulics and category 1 (modified), 3-point hitch make attaching attachments to the 540 rpm PTO a snap. The exclusive Free Floating™ mower deck gives you the beautiful lawn you've come to expect from Simplicity® Mowers.
- Briggs & Stratton® Diesel Engine: Built to work as hard as you do, 27-gross hp V-Twin, air-cooled Kohler Command™ engine is loaded with commercial mower features
- Transmission: At the heart of the Legacy XL™ is the Tuff Torq™ K92 transmission. With 8-cc charge pump that delivers 5.3 gallons of oil flow per minute. That's plenty of hydraulic capacity for powering the tractor and tractor attachments.
- Tough Front Axle: A tough cast-iron axle to handle heavy front tractor attachments plus standard power steering that makes tight 28-in radius turns (2WD model only)
- ACT: With Automatic Controlled Traction™ (ACT), drive power is continuously supplied to both rear tires maintaining superior traction and lessening turf damage.
- Mower Deck Options: The Legacy XL™ has two mowing deck sizes available to suit your individual cutting needs. Choose from a Deep Profile 54"or fabricated 61" decks.
- Make: Briggs & Stratton
- Model: Diesel
- Start Type: Key
- Power Rating: 27 gross hp
- Cylinders: 3
- Choke/Throttle: Glow Plugs & Throttle
- Fuel Tank Capacity (U.S. Gallons): 6 Gal
- Battery(cca): 500cca
- Type: Tuff Torq® K92
- Differential: Hydro
- Speed - Fwd: 0-9.0
- Speed - Rev: 0-5.5
- Automatic Controlled Traction™: Standard
- 4WD: Standard
- Brake: Internal Wet Disc
- Frame Steel: 7-Gauge
- Front Axle: Cast-Iron
- Front Tires: 18 x 8.5/4-Ply Field Trac
- Rear Tires: 26 x 12.0-12/4-Ply Field Trac
- Attachment Lift: Hydraulic
- Seat: 18" High-Back
- Cutting Width (inches): 54", 61"
- Mower Deck Type: Stamped Steel (54"), Fabricated (61")
- Height-of-Cut (inches): 1.5-4
- Height-of-Cut Positions: Infinite, Electric
- # of Blades: 3
- Blade Engagement: Electric PTO Switch
- Rear Rollers: Full-Width Striping
- Mower Removal: 2-Quick Pins
- Spindle: Stamped Steel (54"), Commercial Aluminum (61")
- Mower Steel Gauge: 10-Gauge
- Washout Port: Standard on 54"
- Cruise Control: Standard
- Steering: Power
- Headlights: Halogen
- Hourmeter: Standard
- Fuel Level Indicator: Standard On Dash
- 12 Volt DC Outlet: Standard
- Cup Holder: Standard
- Hand Grips: Standard
- Turning Radius: 28"
- Assembled Length (inches): 81"
- Assembled Width (inches): 45"
- Assembled Height (inches): 51"
- Residential: 3-Years
- Commercial: 90-Days
- Turbo Collection System: The turbo blower tractor attachment easily attaches to the mower and gets power directly from the mower rather than an expensive auxiliary engine design.
- CleanSweep™ Twin Grass Catcher: Twin catcher-Up to 6.5-bushels are collected in two removable, easy-to-empty grass bags.
- Wide Body Cart Yard Debris Collector: 17-bushel hopper tilts for easy emptying; swivel-wheel design make yard cleanup easy!
- 50" Tiller: Featuring a heavyduty gearbox and side shift positioning. This heavy-duty tiller has a cultivating depth up to 7".
- 54" Mulcher Kit/Shredder Kit: Our innovative system reduces clippings and returns them to your lawn. Shredder blades (sold separately) install to pulverize crispy fall leaves
- 42" Single-Stage Snow Blower Attachment: Make short work of the deepest snow with this rugged single-stage snow blower attachment. Also available in 46".
- Front loader with 48" bucket attachment: The front loader tractor attachment features a 500-lb lift capacity, a “walk on/off” design and the loader operates with the mower installed. (Please Note to use with 61? mower deck an additional kit is required. See dealer for details.
- Tractor Tire Chains and Rear Weights: Weight carrier and weights install easily. Weights (33- or 50-lbs each) enhance traction on your mower with front tractor attachments.
- Front Carrier and Weights: Maintain responsive handling and traction with heavy, rear-mounted attachments
- 3-Point Hitch Attachment Category 1 (modified): Category 1, (modified) and 540 rpm PTO allows operation of heavy rear tractor attachments such as a tiller, cultivator or disk.
- ROPs (Roll Over Protective Structure): Features hinged releases for garage storage and low clearance applications. Standard with seat belt.
- Back-Hoe Attachment: Hydraulic tractor controls make each implement function efficiently. Backhoe Attachment: 9” wide bucket, digs 6.5-ft deep, with a 10-ft reach. Includes stabilizer arms.
- Box Scraper/Scarifier: Prepares and levels soil for smoother landscaping.
- Rear Grader Blade: Category 1, 3-point hitch rear scraper grader blade in 60? width.
- Post Hole Digger: This post hole digger attachment has a 3-point hitch and rear PTO drive a 6" diameter auger.
- 60" (Hydraulic) Rotary Broom: 26" diameter heavy-duty brush, hydraulic or manual angling; shaft driven with quick-coupler design.
- Snow Cab Deluxe Hard Side: The Hard Side Snow Blower Snow Cab comes standard with electric windshield wiper, mirrors, work lights, locking doors and front/rear pivoting glass for safe and warm snow removal. Easily remove panels for off-season use
- Engine Manufacturer
- Briggs & Stratton
- Horse Power
- 27 hp
- Engine Type
- Tuff Torq® K92
- Wheel Size
- Front: 18 x 8.5/4-Ply Field Trac; Rear: 26 x 12.0-12/4-Ply Field Trac
- Fuel Capacity
- 6 gal.
- Deck Size
- Optional: 54, 61 in.
- Discharge Type
- Side; Optional: Mulch, Bag